Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
This easy keto low carb Mexican chicken casserole is sure to please the whole family. And, it's a great way to repurpose leftover poultry and cauliflower rice.
Calories: 184 kcal
- 6 cups cooked cauliflower rice (670 g)
- 2 cups finely shredded Mexican Blend Cheese (My blend was Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla and Asadero cheese)
- 1 large egg
- 4 oz diced green chiles
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 1/4 cups enchilada sauce
- extra enchilada sauce
- sour cream
- diced tomateos
- diced avocado
- fresh cilantro
- Prepare the enchilada sauce if it hasn't been made in advance. While it is reducing.....
Preheat oven to 400°F and grease casserole pan (I used a 7.5x11-inch) with coconut oil or spray. Shred the chicken and have the remaining ingredients ready.
- In large bowl, combine cauliflower rice, 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese, egg, green chiles, cumin and salt.
- Press cauliflower rice mixture into the bottom of a casserole dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges have browned.
- In medium bowl, combine the shredded meat and enchilada sauce. Spread over baked cauliflower rice mixture. Sprinkle remaining 1 3/4 cups shredded cheese on top.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 5-10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Cool slightly before serving. Top with optional toppings as desired. Serves 8.
Low Carb Mexican Chicken Casserole Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11g 17%
Sodium 510mg 21%
Total Carbohydrates 8g 3%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 12g 24%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.